Saturday, June 29, 2013

Zen-sational Summer ;]

This summer I decided to take break from everything that kept me busy for the whole year, and I was doing things which I've never done before. One of those things is Chinese brush painting, which, in my opinion, is very easy and satisfying. It is all about creating a harmonious balance of space. I really like how a remarkable artist and teacher Danny Han-Lin Chen described the Chinese brush painting as a way of developing chi  - the internal energy: "Your personal chi translates through your body and then finally releases into the strokes you produce to give a sense of energy and life to your painting." Below I included an instructive picture that illustrates how to draw a tiger lily with butterfly. I used only three water-color paints, rice paper, ink, ink stone, three brushes.